2450GR Locating System
An invaluable tool in utility mapping efforts, the Ditch Witch® 2450GR ground penetrating radar system is an electronic locating device designed to help subsurface utility engineers and other contractors locate any type of utility conduit or piping—including PVC pipes—beneath soil, rock, pavements and other surfaces. The 2450GR’s advanced locating capability makes it ideal for a wide range of other applications, including urban planning, exploratory and archeological digs, void and sinkhole detection, concrete detection, and locating underground storage tanks.
- 2450GR locates both metallic and non-metallic pipes and cables to allow one-pass locates at depths of up to 19.7 feet (6 m), depending on soil conditions and antenna selection.
- With 5.6 mph (9 km/h) survey speed and digitally controlled radar, the 2450GR provides fast, clear images.
- Dual-frequency antenna simultaneously sweeps in two frequencies; this allows the operator to see both deep and shallow objects simultaneously.
- Earth-engaged antenna provides better contact on uneven terrain and reduces signal loss.
- Rugged, four-wheel cart design allows the operator to scan in the easiest and roughest conditions.
- 2450GR folds up into a size that is easy to transport.
Survey path width
Transmit Pulse Frequency
Typical antenna frequency
250 mHz or 700 mHz
Typical collection speed (scans/second)
Typical collection speed at 2-in sampling interval
Gray scale/color palette
Up to 4x
Laptop hard drive
Maximum profile length
Stored data format
Raw data (for further data analysis)
Setting of GPR propagation velocity (to get accurate evaluation of depth of detected targets)
Ground truth or hyperbola fitting methods
Reading of pipe position/depth
Printable radar map with descriptor of detected utilities
Radar and power supply status, excessive speed, data loss
English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Chinese
Data collection type
Parallel profile lines, perpendicular to the expected orientation of utilities
14° F to 104° F
Weight, without battery or PC
Weight, without PC
Length, handle fully extended
Height, handle fully extended
|Recommended PC Specifications|
1 GHz or faster
512 MB or more
800 x 600 or higher
Shock proof or solid state
Hard disk space
100 MB available
Windows® 2000 Professional SP4 or Windows® XP Professional
No software protecting data exchange (firewall protection, etc.)
|Radar Power Requirements|
Battery operating time
< 10 hours
12V sealed lead acid, 12 Ah
ultra-wide band, ground coupled, shielded dipole
0.32 ft - 8.2 ft
0.32 ft - 19.7 ft
|150 Short-Range W/S Beacon|
|150 Long-Range W/S Beacon|
|150 Short-Range Conduit Beacon|
|150 Long-Range Conduit Beacon|
|150 Short-Range Plastics Beacon|
|150 Long-Range Plastics Beacon|
|150 Short-Range Iron Beacon|
|150 Long-Range Iron Beacon|